Being involved in a car accident can significantly and immediately impact every aspect of your life. You may have to repair your vehicle, pay expensive medical bills, and you may be unable to work for some time. If you are injured in a car crash in California, it is crucial that you contact VIP Injury Law so we can support you and provide guidance to obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you have been in a car accident, the first thing you should do is check to see if anyone has been hurt. If anyone is injured, California law requires you to contact the authorities and remain at the crash site.
If you can, you should also:
- Collect the contact information from any other drivers involved.
- Collect the contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Take photos of the vehicles, the crash site and your injuries.
- Get your version of the accident into the police report.
- Do NOT admit fault for the crash to anyone, especially the other driver or to the authorities.
- Write down everything you remember about the accident as soon as you can before you begin to forget details.
- Seek immediate medical attention (i.e. that same day) in order to document your injuries and increase your chances of achieving a full recovery.
- Research your legal options, or contact VIP Injury Law, to ensure that your rights are protected.